Stream DVDs to Xbox 360 Compatible Formats for Playback on 4K TV with Ease
Hi, just purchased a Samsung 65" UN65JU6500 TV and hooked up my Xbox360 with component output to a Portta Component to HDMI converter. The Game console appears on the 4K TV and I can play games, but it won't let me movie DVDs. When I put in a DVD movie the TV does not detect any incoming signal and says "No incoming signal, check your devices connections". (To get 4K conten, I get an Onkyo Receiver which is capable of 4K upscaling, HDMI 1.4 and also supports HDMI ARC. I don't have a DVD player.) Is there an app that can let me stream DVDs from my computer to Xbox 360 for later playback on 4K TV?
For video enthusiasts, Xbox 360 can be taken as the center of your games and entertainment universe according to its website. However, the new game console seems to be far from perfectness with regard to the DVD feature. Until now, there are many issues of playing DVD on Xbox 360 from Xbox Support. Even though you consult AVForums or Quora forums, they will recommend you a huge needed software to solve. Now we are giving you One-click solution to stream your DVDs to Xbox 360 for playback on 4K TV with high quality.
First, let's see how does Xbox 360 work when streaming movies? Xbox 360 connects to user's home network through Wi-Fi; it plugs into the HDMI port of a 4K television or monitor. The power is supplied by connecting with an AC Power Adapter.
And to stream DVD to Xbox 360 for 4K TV, the most important is, on one hand, make sure your video files is supported by Xbox 360/4K TV. On the other hand, only when the DVD region matches the region of your Xbox console can you play DVD via Xbox 360 on 4K TV which you can't play a DVD purchased in United State on your Xbox 360 bought in U.K.
Actually, there is an easy way to fix the issue - get a DVD ripper which has the ability to remove region code from DVD and convert DVD to Xbox 360/4K TV supported video formats like MPEG4, H264, etc. You may opt for some free DVD rippers like HandBrake to rip DVD to MP4 format, but you have to set complicated video audio settings to make DVD videos fully compatible with for watching on 4K TV via Xbox 360. Worse still, such kind of DVD rippers isn't suit for copy protected DVD movies, like Mr. Holmes, Toy Story That Time Forgot, Terminator Genisys, etc.
As an alternative to HandBrake, iFastime Video Converter Ultimate can be a solid assistance here for you to rip DVD to Xbox 360/4K TV in several simple steps.
* Bypass all copy protections, such as region code, RCE, CSS, Sony ArccOS, Disney X-project DRM;
* Offers specified formats for Xbox 360/4K TV, you can just choose it to get videos with optimized settings for playing
* Rip any DVDs to MP4, H.264, H. 265, M4V, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, etc.
* Rip DVD movies to PS3, PS4, PSP, Wii, Apple, Android, Sony, Microsoft, Blackberry, Nokia and other devices;
* Rip DVDs as high quality digital files quickly and stably.
* Provides 1:1 DVD backup solution, which help you back up any commercial DVD movies without any hassle.
(For Mac users, iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is the way to go.)
Free Download iFastime Video Converter Ultimate:
Below is the detailed procedures on how to convert DVD to Xbox 360/4K TV supported format. And the screenshots are taken from the Windows version of DVD Ripper. The mac workflow is as the same.
Step 1. Import your DVD movies
Launch the DVD Ripper and click "Load file(s)" button to import the DVD files that you want to convert to play with Xbox 360 on 4K TV. Both ISO, IFO and files in DVD Folder can be loaded.
Step 2. Choose the output format
This DVD ripper provides optimized presets for Xbox 360. So in this step, you can just choose the ready SD/HD preset for Xbox 360- "Xbox 360 Video - Windows Media Video(*.wmv)", "Xbox 360 Video (640*480)(*.wmv)" or "Xbox 360 HD Video (*.wmv)" from "Xbox 360" as the output format, which will remove all the incompatibility issue.
1. The output format is preferably in a common format for Xbox 360. Check your 4K TV manual and see if the output WMV format works on your TV before streaming.
2. With the right settings you can retain the quality of the original DVD while also saving space. This is particularly helpful when streaming over your network, depending on your network quality. Simply click "Settings" bar and you can tweak the settings to your satisfaction and even save it as preset.
Step 3. Start converting DVD movies to Xbox 360 for 4K TV
When all settings are done, simply click the "Start conversion" button to begin the conversion from DVD to Xbox 360/4K TV. You will get the files converted ready in a few minutes. When the DVD conversion finished, you can freely stream movie to Xbox 360 and watch movie via Xbox 360 on 4K TV anytime and anywhere you like.
1. Learn more about Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is Microsoft's second video game system, which plays the role of Game Console, HD Movies Player, and music player over the Internet. The Xbox 360 competes with Sony's PlayStation 3 and Nintendo's Wii as part of the seventh generation of video game consoles. (See Xbox One vs. PlayStation 4)
2. How to stream media from PC to TV with Xbox
Set up your Xbox
Set up your computer (Windows)
Set up your computer (Mac)
Have more questions about how to enable Xbox 360 to stream DVD onto 4K TV, please feel free to contact us>>